Pregnancy (Pre Natal) Massage | £70.00 p/h
Pregnancy massage focuses on some of the unique physical needs of the mother-to-be and is much more than just a luxury. Massage is a wonderful solution to some of the temporary challenges of pregnancy. It provides relaxation by relieving stress on joints, easing pain, and helping with the postural changes associated with the progressing pregnancy. Massage therapy is also believed to stimulate the endocrine system, which helps to stabilise hormone levels and relieves nervous tension. I use a specific 100% pure organic massage oil, created by myself. This carrier oil, containing no essential oils, can be fantastic for reducing stretch marks and will help to keep the skin highly moisturised. I am qualified and experienced to work with pregnant women before 12 weeks however, I always tailor make my pre-natal massage around you. There are various positions you can lie/sit in at different stages of pregnancy to ensure you are always comfortable.
When I was pregnant with my first child I struggled to find a local therapist who was trained in pregnancy treatments, this is what initially made me become interested in working in this field and since then my training and knowledge has increased ten fold. A high percentage of my client base now is pregnancy related and I still feel that it is such a privileged to work with you all at this amazing time of your life.
Massage is not only beneficial to the mum to be but also to the foetus as well. Research indicates that the use of pregnancy massage over just 5 weeks leads to a shorter and better labour with fewer complications for the newborn such as low birth weight or premature birth.
- Improves circulation and oxygenation of the soft tissues, distributing essential nutrients and fluid to all the vital organs of the body, especially the placenta, which will feed and aid the development of the baby.
- Eases Muscular discomforts such as leg cramps, muscle stiffness, tension and knots – massage improves circulation and can therefore stimulate the flow of blood to these areas, easing discomfort
- Aids lymphatic drainage, eliminating toxins and reducing oedema. The extra pressure your uterus places on your legs can lead to swelling in your feet and ankles. Massage can improve circulation and lymph flow to the affected areas, helping to reduce swelling.
- Increases feel good hormones (serotonin and dopamine) and the release of oxytocin, and improves mood and gives a sense of well being
- Helps avoid varicose veins from developing.
- Helps to keep blood pressure balanced.
- Reduces joint pain
- Reduces headaches and sinus pain – massage of the face, neck and shoulders can help to alleviate sinus pressure and headaches caused by tension.
- Reduces sciatic nerve pain common in later pregnancy and other nerve compression. Although do not use super firm pressure when working this area.
- Aids a sluggish digestive tract, helping to avoid haemorrhoids and constipation. Regular abdominal massage will encourage your bowels to move.
- Induces deep relaxation and peaceful sleep (it is reported that women who sleep well during the last month of pregnancy have shorter labours).
- Decreases stress hormones (cortisol) and also lowers anxiety.
- Allows time out of a busy life schedule, no expectations and nowhere else to be.
- Can help to make mum to be more in tune with her own body making her notice areas of tension and teaches her to relax which will help with labour
- Enhances her relationship with her unborn child
- Massage encourages the release of oxytocin. This is a pain reducing hormone providing vital relief of pain during labour and birth.
Benefits to the baby
- A mother who is relaxed and calm will enable the growing baby to feel secure. Decreased levels of cortisol and other stress hormones will be passed into the baby’s system. Research shows that a baby can greatly benefit from massage as “feel good” endorphins released by the mother during massage are passed onto the baby.
- Positive touch can establish patterns of intimacy, whereas negative touch/deprived touch can have lifelong effects on baby’s intimacy patterns.
- Babies will respond to touch of mothers’ abdomen by moving, thereby showing their enjoyment.
- Baby will receive an improved supply of well-oxygenated blood with nutrients for healthy growth and development
Pregnancy (Pre Natal) Aromatherapy Massage | £70.00 p/h
A beautiful Pregnancy massage as above, however I incorporate the use of safe essential oils within your massage to aid with the many discomforts you can experience on your pregnancy journey. The oils I blend will be especially for your needs that day. I have been an Aromatherapist since 1994 and have a deep knowledge and understanding of oils. I have also undertaken extensive additional training with Penny Price Academy of Aromatherapy in the use of Aromatherapy during pregnancy.
Pre Natal Pampering Massage and Reflexology Cocktail | £100 | 90 minutes
This is a beautiful treatment designed for the pregnant women at any time during her pregnancy post. A beautiful healing 45 minute Pregnancy massage working on the back. legs, neck, shoulders and face. This will be following by a balancing Reflexology session to relax and harmonise you mind, body and soul. My couch is fully adjustable and with the use of these adjustments , as well as bolsters and pillows your comfort is maintained throughout.
This treatment is all about making you feel wonderful, relaxed, nurtured and cared for.